Never tried eating spekboom? The succulent’s leaves pair beautifully with chicken.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 600g baby potatoes, halved
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 250ml chicken stock
- 50ml lemon juice
- 10ml lemon zest
- 20ml honey
- 2.5ml salt
- 2.5ml pepper
- 25g spekboom, chopped and rinsed
- 15g parsley, chopped
- 20ml lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 20g cashews, toasted and chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°
- Put the baby potatoes in an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil, and par-roast.
- Line another baking dish and place the chicken pieces in the baking tray. Arrange the par-roasted potatoes, onion, garlic and thyme around them.
- Mix the chicken stock, lemon juice, zest, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken in the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour, until cooked through.
- Mix all the ingredients and season to taste.