EARLYBIRD FARM PTY LIMITED
(Registration No. 1968/003844/07)
MANUAL IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT
ACT NO. 2 OF 2000 (“THE ACT”)
Name of company: EARYBIRD FARM PTY LIMITED
Earlybird is based in Gauteng and Mpumalanga and its activities include parent rearing, laying, hatcheries, broiler production, processing, sales and distribution. It is the largest national poultry producer of individual quick frozen products with a strong presence in the retail and informal markets. Earlybird’s brands include the well-known Goldi and Festive names.
Contact details [Section 51(1)(a)]
Street address: 92 Koranna Avenue, Doringkloof, Centurion, 0157 Postal address: Postnet Suite 278, Private Bag X1028, Doringkloof, 0140 Phone number: 012 667 5469
Fax number: 012 667 6665
Contact person: Maryna Eloff
Website address: http:/www.astralfoods .com
Auditors: PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc.
Section 10 guide on how to use the Act [Section 51(1)(b)
The guide referred to in section 10 of the Act is a guide that must be compiled by the Human Rights Commission containing such information as may be reasonably required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Act. The Regulations regarding the Promotion of Access to Information Act published under Government Gazette No. R187 of 15 February 2002 set forth how
the Human Rights Commission should make the guide available.
The guide will be available from the Human Rights Commission as from 15 August 2003, unless otherwise specified. Please direct your queries to:
The Human Rights Commission, Private Bag 2700, Houghton, 2041. Telephone 011 484 8300 Fax 011 484 0582 Website: http:/www.sahrc.org.za
Records available publicly
We set out the categories of records of Earlybird Farm Pty Limited which are already publicly available without you having to request access in terms of the Act:
- a Annual financial statements for the Available at the Companies and Intellectual company and the group Property Commission
- Memorandum of Incorporation Available at the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
- Contents of the register of directors Company or Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
- Contents of the register of shareholders | Companies and Intellectual Property Commission
Records of the company which are available in accordance with any other legislation [Section 51(1)d)]
- A. Companies Act, No. 71 of 2008
- Income Tax Act (No. 58 of 1962)
- Value Added Tax Act (No. 89 of 1991)
- Stamp Duties Act (No. 77 of 1968)
- Insider Trading Act (No. 135 of 1998)
- Stock Exchange Act (No. 1 of 1985)
- Labour Relations Act (No 66 of 1995)
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act (No 75 of 1997)
- Unemployment Insurance Act (No 63 of 2011)
- Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act (No4 of 2002)
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act (No 130 of 1993)
- Skills Development Act (No 97 of 1998)
- Skills Development Levies Act (No. 9 of 1999)
- Employment Equity Act (No 55 of 1998)
- Regional Services Councils Act (No 109 of 1985)
- Competition Act (No 89 of 1998)
- Agriculture Product Standards Act (No 119 of 1990)
- Animal Diseases Act (No 35 of 1984)
- Pension Funds Act (No 24 of 1985)
- Livestock Improvement Act (no 25 of 1977)
- Trade Marks Act (No 194 of 1993)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (No 85 of 1993)
- Customs and Excise Act (No 91 of 1964)
- Stamp Duties Act (No 77 of 1968)
- Medicines and Related Substances Control Act (No 101 of 1965)
- Fertilisers, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act (No 36 of 1947)
- Petroleum Products Act (No 120 of 1977)
Request procedure and records that may be requested [Section 51(1)(e)
Every request must contain the information set out at paragraphs 1 to 6 below, and must substantially correspond with the prescribed form. Maryna Eloff has been delegated with the task of receiving and co-ordinating any requests for access to records in terms of the Act. Each request should specify the description of the record concerned, and the location of the record if known.
- Provide sufficient particulars of the records required to enable the company to identify the record or records requested and the requester
- Indicate the form of access required
- Specify a postal address or fax number in South Africa, or an e-mail address
- Identify the right you want to exercise or protect and give an explanation why the record is needed for this purpose
- Indicate the form of reply to your request, other than a written reply, which you prefer, with the relevant particulars.
- Give proof of the capacity in which you are acting, if requesting access on behalf of another
Once complete, you can mail it to: Maryna Eloff
Designation of person: Group Company Secretary
Name of company: Astral Foods Limited
Postal address: Postnet Suite 278, Private Bag X 1028, Doringkloof, 0140
Or, you can fax it to (012) 667 6665, or e-mail it to email@example.com. The request for access to records will be deemed to have been made once the form has been received by our offices.
Should you require greater clarity, we refer you to the guide which will be published by the Human Rights Commission. It will describe in each official language:
- What the objects of this Act are
- The details of each private body (where possible)
- The process that needs to be followed in order to make a request
- How to get copies of the guide at no charge
- How to get access to the manual of a private body
- All the remedies available in law to you
We set out below a description of the subjects on which Earybird Farm Pty Limited holds records and, below the subject headings, the categories of records held on each subject
- Internal correspondence
- Company secretarial and administration
- Shareholder and Investor records
- Legal and compliance
- Minutes of meetings and company resolutions
- Records of samples analyzed
- Research and development
- Annual financial statements
- Management reports
- VAT returns
- Income tax returns and assesments
- Invoices and receipts
- Regional Services Council returns
- SETA returns
- Personal staff records
- Salary records
- Conditions of employment and other related records
- UIF records
- Tax records
- Leave records
- Training schedules and materials
Availability of the manual [Section 51(3)]
Copies of this manual are available for inspection at the reception desk of Astral Foods Limited and copies can be made at a charge of R1.10 (one rand and ten cents) per A4 page. Requests for information must be submitted in accordance with the prescribed format and must be accompanied by the prescribed fee.
REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO RECORD OF PRIVATE BODY (Section 53(1) of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No. 2 of 2000)
A. Particulars of private body
B. Particulars of person requesting access to the record
(a) The particulars of the person who requests access to the record must be given below.
(b) The address and/or fax number in the Republic to which the information is to be sent must be given
(c) Proof of the capacity in which the request is made, if applicable, must be attached.
Full names and surname:
Capacity in which request is made, when made on behalf of another person:
(C) Particulars of person on whose behalf request is made
This section must be completed ONLY if a request for information is made on behalf of another person.
Full names and surname:
D. Particulars of record
- Provide full particulars of the record to which access is requested, including the reference number if that is known to you, to enable the record to be located.
- If the provided space is inadequate, please continue on a separate folio and attach it to this form. The requester must sign all the additional folios.
- . Description of record or relevant part of the record:
- Reference number, if available:
- Any further particulars of record:
- A request for access to a record, other than a record containing personal information about yourself, will be processed only after a request fee has been paid.
- You will be notified of the amount required to be paid as the request fee.
- The fee payable for access to a record depends on the form in which access is required and the reasonable time required to search for and prepare a record.
- If you qualify for exemption of the payment of any fee, please state the reason for exemption.
Reason for exemption from payment of fees:
F. Form of access to record
If you are prevented by a disability to read, view or listen to the record in the form of access provided for in 1 to 4 hereunder, state your disability and indicate in which form the record is required.
Disability: Form in which record is required
Mark the appropriate box with an X.
(a) Compliance with your request in the specified form may depend on the form in which the record is available.
(b) Access in the form requested may be refused in certain circumstances. In such a case you will be informed if access will be granted in another form.
(c) The fee payable for access for the record, if any, will be determined partly by the form in which access is requested.
- If the record is in written or printed form:
copy of record: inspection of record:
- If record consists of visual images this includes photographs, slides, video recordings, computer-generated images, sketches, etc)
view the images: copy of the images: a transcription of the images:
- If record consists of recorded words or information which can be reproduced in sound:
listen to the soundtrack audio cassette:
transcription of soundtrack, written or printed document:
- If record is held on computer or in an electronic or machine-readable form:
printed copy of record:
printed copy of information derived from the record:
copy in computer readable form (stiffy or compact disc):
‘lf you requested a copy or transcription of a record (above), do you wish the copy or transcription to be posted to you? Postage is payable.
G. Particulars of right to be exercised or protected
If the provided space is inadequate, please continue on a separate folio and attach it to this form. The requester must sign all the additional folios.
1. Indicate which right is to be exercised or protected:
2: Explain why the record requested is required for the exercise or protection of the aforementioned right:
H. Notice of decision regarding request for access
You will be notified in writing whether your request has been approved/denied. If you wish to be informed in another manner, please specify the manner and provide the necessary particulars to enable compliance with your request.
How would you prefer to be informed of the decision regarding your request for access to the record?
SIGNATURE OF REQUESTER / PERSON ON WHOSE BEHALF REQUEST IS MADE