We bet you’ve had a chicken sandwich at a picnic before, but certainly not like this. Try our ultimate version of this picnic classic!
- 1 x County Fair Chicken Breast Fillets (4pcs)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20ml) BBQ spice
- 2 tsp (10ml) paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 packet of streaky bacon
- 1 large ciabatta
- 1 jar of pesto
- 40g rocket
- 1 round of brie cheese, sliced
- 1 packet of lightly salted hand-cut crisps
- Mix olive oil, BBQ spice, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and mix well until coated evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot.
- Slice the ciabatta into 4 and then cut in half.
- Brush each half with olive oil and place onto the grill.
- Toast and watch closely so that they don’t burn. Remove and cool.
- Add chicken breasts to the griddle pan and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred. Place the charred chicken breast fillets on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Turn the oven to grill and cook the streaky bacon until perfectly crisp. Allow to cool.
- To assemble, add a generous amount of pesto and top with rocket, brie, bacon and chicken.
- Serve with the crisps.