- 1 x County Fair Drumsticks (6pcs)
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml0 fresh oregano, finely chopped (or dried)
- 1 cup (250ml) basmati rice
- 2 ½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 1 lemon, plus extra slices for garnish
- 150g green olives
- 100g feta cheese
- A small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Season the chicken drumsticks with salt, black pepper, oregano and lemon zest.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or heavy-based pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken skin side down and caramelise until golden; turn over and repeat on the other side. Remove from the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the onion to the same pan and sauté for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add the garlic and oregano and sauté for 3 minutes more.
- Add the rice and chicken stock, stir to combine, and place the chicken pieces on top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the rice and chicken are cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven. Grate over the lemon zest and squeeze over the juice. Scatter over the olive and crumble the feta. Finish with freshly chopped parsley and lemon slices. Serve.