- 6-8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Salt and milled pepper
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) freshly grated turmeric
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) freshly grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ pumpkin, cut into wedges
- Glug olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) freshly chopped coriander
- 1 punnet (300g) Brussel sprouts
- 1 punnet (200g) streaky bacon
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) brown sugar
- ½ lemon or lime
- Fresh herbs and crème fraiche, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large baking tray add chicken, season and coat with turmeric and paprika.
- Add the ginger, garlic and pumpkin.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with coriander and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and bacon and sprinkle with brown sugar. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice and season if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve the traybake with dollops of crème fraiche.