Fresh, light and simple – a chicken salad made for summer!
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Large packet of fresh coriander
- 1 lime, sliced, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tsp (5ml) fish sauce
- 1 tsp (5ml) coarse salt
- 1 x County Fair Chicken Breast Fillets (4pcs)
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut flakes
- 2 cups (500ml) baby spinach leaves
- 50 g basil
- 2 baby cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 50 g Sprouts
- Handful of mixed tomatoes, halved
- Toasted cashews, chopped for garnish
- Crispy onions for garnish
- Chilli crunch for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Place the coconut milk, water, coriander, lime, fish sauce and salt in a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, reduce the heat to low and cook covered for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pot and allow to cool.
- Strain and reserve ½ cup of the poaching liquid and allow to cool.
- Place shredded coconut in a bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 5 minutes, then drain off the water.
- Place spinach, basil, cucumber, sprouts, mixed tomatoes and coconut in a bowl and toss with poaching liquid.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad.
- Garnish with toasted cashews, crispy onions, chilli crunch, coriander and a wedge of lime.