Who said pretzels are only good for snacking? Use them to coat chicken drumsticks. Delicious!
- 8 drumsticks, skinned
- 280g pretzel pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 a bag of pre-cut potato wedges
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/8 cup grainy mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 gem lettuces, cut in halves
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber, cut into ribbons
- Caesar dressing
- Thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put the pretzels in a resealable plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Add the cumin and shake to mix.
- Pour the beaten eggs into a shallow dish. Dip the drumsticks, one at a time, into the eggs. Let the excess drip off, add the drumsticks to the bag with the crushed pretzels and shake gently to coat.
- Coat a roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray and place over a foil-lined baking pan. Put the chicken onto the roasting rack and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Cook the wedges according to the packaging instructions. Mix the apricot jam, mustard and mayonnaise together in a small bowl. Put the lettuce, avocado, and cucumber onto a platter and drizzle over the Caesar dressing.
- Serve the chicken, garnished with thyme, with the wedges, mayonnaise and salad.