ROAST CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS WITH GARLIC & ONION CAULIFLOWER RICE
A new way to prepare a firm family-favourite.
Ingredients:For the chicken:
- 1 x County Fair Chicken Drumsticks pack
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice & 1 tsp (5ml) lemon zest
- 1 large cauliflower head, grated
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) lemon zest
- Olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice and zest in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Place the drumsticks in an oven tray. Add marinade and toss to coat.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower rice; heat 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Ensure the garlic and onion do not burn.
- Add cauliflower to the onion and garlic mix. Sauté for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste with lemon juice and zest
- Serve the chicken drumsticks with warm cauliflower rice.