Sticky citrus chicken roasted with cashews and carrots
This is comfort food at its best. Plus, this family-friendly chicken dish is rich in health-boosting nutrients.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 300-400g baby carrots
- 2 onions, cut into thick, round slices
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g roasted cashews
- 100g clear honey
- 4 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- zest of 1 lime, plus 4 tbsp juice (about 2 limes)
- zest of ½ orange, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 balls stem ginger, finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp syrup
- small pack coriander leaves, to serve
- cauliflower-spinach noodles, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Toss the chicken thighs, carrots, onions and oil in a big, shallow roasting pan and season. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients. Drizzle all over the chicken and vegetables and then roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Scatter over the cashews. Mix everything together well and then roast for a further 15 minutes until the chicken is brown, tender and sticky.
- Scatter over some coriander and serve with cauliflower-spinach noodles.