This recipe may look simple, but it’s packed with flavour. And it’s budget-friendly too.
- 400g sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5ml cumin seeds
- 2.5ml coriander seeds
- 30g butter, melted
- 400g butter beans
- 45ml milk
- 150g chicken nuggets
- 50g peas, defrosted
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the sweet potatoes, garlic, cumin, coriander and butter on a baking tray and toss to combine. Roast for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Place the roasted sweet potatoes in a blender and blitz.
- Add the beans and milk and continue to blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the sweet-potato mash with the chicken nuggets, peas and fresh coriander.