The yoghurt in the sauce makes for juicy, succulent braai chicken.
- 1 x chicken braai pack 250ml yoghurt
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, roughly chopped
- 45ml garam masala
- 30ml turmeric
- 30ml ground coriander
- 30ml ground cumin
- 30ml chilli flakes
- 30ml sugar
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 5ml salt
- 5ml black pepper
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1kg cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 15ml olive oil
- 15ml balsamic vinegar
- Keep the chicken pieces aside. Blend the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Toss the chicken pieces through the sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce, discarding any excess sauce.
- Cook the chicken over a medium heat on the braai, getting lots of caramelised colour.
- Turn regularly until cooked through. This takes about 40 minutes. Take care not to char the chicken too much.
- Toss all the ingredients together until combined.