A hearty meal great as a weeknight dinner yet worthy of any dinner party spread.
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 ½ Tbsp (20ml) honey
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 1 x County Fair Star Pack
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and sliced into 6-8 wedges
- 1 large onion, peeled & sliced into 8 wedges
- 50g dried currants
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the garlic cloves, wholegrain mustard, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, honey, lemon juice and zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir well, then add the chicken pieces, potatoes and onions, and toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Tip the marinated chicken mix into a roasting dish. Scatter over the currants and pour in the chicken stock.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a side of steamed rice if you prefer.