This traditional chicken dish is layered with warm, delicious flavour.
- 800g chicken braai pack
- 30ml chicken spice
- 30ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 10ml medium curry powder
- 500ml chicken stock
- 30ml cream of chicken soup powder
- 10ml vinegar
- 1ml sugar
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Season chicken with chicken spice.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat and brown the chicken pieces.
- Add the onions, carrots and potatoes. Cook, stirring, for a few minutes.
- Add curry and stir. Pour over the stock.
- Mix the soup powder with vinegar and sugar in a cup.
- Pour the soup mixture into the pot. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the pot has thickened.
- Stir in the green pepper and season with salt and pepper.