PUFF PASTRY CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH MOZZARELLA & PESTO
A light and easy dinner ready in a snap.
- 1 x County Fair Skinless Chicken Breasts pack (4 pieces)
- 50g basil pesto
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- 1 x 400g roll of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 punnet (500g) cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Using a sharp knife, make an incision along the side of each chicken breast, creating a pocket for the filling.
- Fill each chicken pocket with pesto and mozzarella cheese.
- Press firmly to close and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Divide the puff pastry into four equal blocks.
- Place a chicken breast in the centre of each, then fold the pastry over, enclosing it.
- Flip the pastry pocket; the sealed part is underneath.
- Place on a greased baking tray and brush with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until cooked.
- In the meantime, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for a few minutes, occasionally tossing until they burst and soften slightly—season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with tomatoes on the side.