Guests staying over? Add creamy chicken livers to your breakfast table and serve with hot, buttery toast.
- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250g chicken livers, cleaned
- 1 tsp (5ml) chicken spice
- ½ tsp (1ml) paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) brown onion soup powder
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- In a large pan, heat oil, add onion and sauté until soft. Add the garlic and liver pieces.
- Cook the liver, stirring them occasionally for 5 minutes. Season with chicken spice, paprika and salt.
- Stir in the soup powder, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the cream, stir and set aside.