For something a little different, plan ahead and marinate your braai chicken in lemon-and-herb amasi.
- 500ml amasi
- 30ml lemon juice
- 15ml lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 15g parsley, roughly chopped
- 5ml salt
- 5ml black pepper
- 1 x County Fair Star Pack
- Bean salad
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 10ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 5ml lemon zest
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 30g almond flakes, toasted
- In a bowl, whisk together the amasi, lemon juice, zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and gently mix until evenly coated.
- Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for six hours, or preferably overnight.
- Once marinated, remove the chicken from the marinade, wiping off the excess.
- Cook over a medium-heat grill or braai, until crispy and cooked through.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
- Add the beans and allow them to simmer for 1-2 minutes until soft (but they should still have a bit of crunch).
- Remove the beans from the boiling water and place them straight into a bowl of ice water.
- Once they’ve cooled, allow to drain and pat dry.
- Mix the olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, zest and parsley together. Toss this through the beans.
- Place the beans on a serving dish, topped with feta cheese and almond flakes.
- Serve the chicken warm with lemon wedges and bean salad on the side.