Tired of the same old vegetable stew? Try this peanut spicy meal that will get everyone praising your cooking.
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 80g no sugar smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5cm ginger, grated
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli powder
- Handful coriander, chopped
- 30g peanuts, chopped
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Sauté onions in an oiled saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and peppers and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside the sweet potato mixture on a
- Return the saucepan to heat and add chicken. Brown for 5 minutes.
- Tip in the garlic, ginger, coriander, and chilli over the chicken stirring for 5 minutes.
- Return the sweet potato mixture to the
- Mix peanut butter and hot chicken stock in a jug. Add the peanut butter mixture to the pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve over rice.