Bring a taste of Italy into your kitchen with this summery sun-dried tomato pasta dish.
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (reserve 1 tbsp oil)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp herbs, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 600g pasta, partly cooked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- handful of fresh spinach
- Cut the drained sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Add the tomato oil to a pot. When hot, add the cubed chicken and brown for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic, basil pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for another minute, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in your chicken stock and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it.
- Add cream and your partly cooked pasta. Cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken and the pasta are cooked through.
- Add parmesan cheese and spinach.
- Mix well and serve.