This recipe may sound simple, but it’s a fantastic way to serve chicken.
- 1.5kg mixed chicken pieces, defrosted
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp chicken spice
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 salad tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 green chillies, minced
- salt and pepper
- pap to serve
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- In small bowl, mix oil, dry herbs and chicken spice. Rub the mixture over the chicken. Brown the chicken pieces in batches.
- When the chicken is browned, return all the pieces to the pan.
- Reduce the heat, add the chicken stock with a ¼ cup of water, cover, and let the broth simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the oil to a medium pot over high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add the cabbage and continue to sauté until lightly charred.
- Add the turmeric and coriander. Cook, stirring, until the spices are blended well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.