OPEN PITA SANDWICH WITH GRILLED CHICKEN, YOGHURT & PEPPER SPREAD & FETA
A sure favourite ‘cheat’s pizza’. Try it tonight!
- 1 x County Fair Skinless Chicken Breasts pack (4 pieces)
- 3 red peppers
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) full-fat yoghurt
- 4 pita bread
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Rocket (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place chicken breasts on one oven tray and the whole red peppers on another.
- Drizzle each with 3 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss both well and place in the oven.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through
- Cook the peppers for 30 minutes or until soft. Turning every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow both to cool.
- Shred the chicken when cool enough to handle.
- Peel the cooled peppers and discard the skin, stalk and seeds.
- Roughly chop the peeled peppers, and blend them with the yoghurt to form a spread. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to grill.
- Slice pita bread in half so you have two rounds.
- Spread a spoonful of the red pepper yoghurt over the base of each. Top with shredded chicken, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Place pitas under the grill for 8-10 minutes until the feta caramelises.
- Sprinkle with rocket; if using, serve warm.