Paired with gravy, chicken livers make for a low-cost, nutritious meal any time of day.
- 500g chicken livers
- 15ml flour
- 15ml chicken spice
- 30ml oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 15ml tomato sauce
- Using a bowl or plate, coat the chicken livers with flour.
- Place oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Tap excess flour off each chicken liver and add to the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place on a plate.
- Turn down the heat and add more oil to the pan. Add onions and fry until soft.
- Add the remaining flour to the onions, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the stock and stir in the tomato sauce.
- Return the liver to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season and serve with pap.