A simple way to savour and celebrate the season’s best produce.
Ingredients:For the chicken
- 8 chicken pieces, thighs and drumsticks
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5ml) onion powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250ml) parmesan or pecorino, finely grated
- 1 cup (250ml) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5ml) wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 2 nectarines
- 60g mixed baby salad leaves (rocket, watercress, baby spinach)
- 1-2 burrata (depending on the size)
- 10g mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) mixed seeds, toasted
- Salt and milled pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Allow the chicken to come to room temperate. Line a baking tray with foil and grease.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the butter, mayonnaise, onion powder, paprika and mustard together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the parmesan and breadcrumbs together.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the butter mixture, coating all over, then into the crumb mixture. Press the crumb mixture well onto the chicken to coat.
- Place the chicken pieces onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad. Whisk the balsamic, wholegrain, mustard, honey and olive oil together. Season to taste.
- Slice the nectarine into thin wedges. Layer the salad leaves onto a platter, place the burrata in the centre and scatter around the nectarine. Sprinkle with mint leaves and toasted seeds.
- Just before serving, drizzle over the dressing.
- Place the crumbed chicken pieces and lemon wedges on a platter with the fresh nectarine salad alongside. Serve.