- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10ml) dried or fresh oreganum or thyme
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup (250ml) cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) tomato passata
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) finely grated parmesan and extra shavings for serving
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped fresh parsley or oreganum
- 400g pasta cooked to taste - we used linguine
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts in half so that they make two flatter chicken breasts.
- Season the chicken well with salt, pepper and freshly chopped herbs.
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on a side or until golden - do this in two batches.
- Remove and set aside. Add the remaining olive oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil over low to medium heat until golden and soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- Add the tomato passata and cook for 5 minutes then add the cream.
- Add the parmesan and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken breast fillets back to the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes or until they are just cooked and no longer pink in the middle.