Tummy rumbling? Brown chicken pieces and cook with rice, spices and coriander for a satisfying meal in minutes.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250g long-grain rice
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in a pot and brown the chicken all over. Remove and put on a plate.
- Sweat the onions in the same pot until soft. Add garlic and spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and browned chicken.
- Cover with stock and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Scatter the green pepper and coriander over the chicken, and season with salt and pepper.