Harissa, a hot chili paste traditionally used in North Africa, adds spicy flavour to this exotic chicken salad.
- 1 x pack chicken thighs
- 150ml harissa paste
- 30ml lemon juice
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 block of haloumi cheese, sliced into 0.5cm-thick pieces
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 600g cherry tomatoes
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 10ml olive oil
- 15ml wholegrain mustard
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15g Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Combine the harissa paste, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste and pour over the chicken. Toss to combine and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Braai over a medium-low heat until caramelised and cooked through. Turn regularly.
- Grill the haloumi pieces until they’re slightly charred on both sides.
- Put the red pepper and tomatoes into a salad dish and top with the grilled haloumi.
- Mix the vinegar, olive oil, wholegrain mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.