A crisp slaw and a juicy patty make these burgers the perfect anytime meal.
- 4 County Fair Crumbed Chicken burgers
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- ½ pineapple, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Japanese or regular mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) soy sauce
- 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) paprika
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) oil
- Place chicken burgers on a baking tray and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Layer cucumber and pineapple on the bottom of the burger buns.
- To make the slaw, combine cabbage in a bowl, together with Japanese mayo, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce. Coat the cabbage well.
- Layer roll with coleslaw and top with County Fair Chicken Burger patty.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with peri peri potato wedges.
- For the peri peri wedges: Preheat the oven to 200°C and place a roasting tray with oil in the oven.
- Par-cook potatoes by placing them in a bowl, pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave for 8 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are out of the microwave, place them on the heated roasting tray.
- Coat potatoes in oil and sprinkle with paprika, cayenne pepper and salt to coat.
- Roast until potatoes are crispy, for about 20 minutes. Serve with the burgers.