Light and lovely, these cups make the perfect starter served in smalled lettuce cups or a light meal when served in larger.
Ingredients:For the chicken
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) onion powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) mayo
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 5g mint leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) wholegrain mustard
- 16 lettuce leaves, romaine or butter (must be big enough to hold the filling)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Handful of mint
- Whisk together the olive oil, sweet chilli, BBQ sauce, lemon juice, onion and garlic powder with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken and mix well.
- Heat a griddle pan on high. Add the chicken and grill until cooked through.
- Allow to cool, then thinly slice.
- Prepare the salad: Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and season.
- Place the lettuce cups on a platter.
- Divide the grated carrot, avocado and red onion between each.
- Top with sliced chicken, drizzle over the dressing and finish with sliced radish and fresh mint leaves. Serve.