Nothing is more comforting than a hearty bowl of chicken and vegetable soup.
- 4 Goldi chicken pieces
- 1 packet soup mix
- 1 litre of stock, made with 1 chicken and 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chicken spice
- 300g mixed vegetables
- steamed bread and butter to serve
- Fry chicken pieces in oil and season with chicken spice. Remove from the stove and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, onion and mixed vegetables. Fry and season.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the soup mix.
- Simmer, and cook until the soup mix has softened.
- Enjoy with steamed bread and butter.