If you love chicken nuggets, you’ll enjoy this delicious take on them. This party favourite is ready in just 25 minutes!
- 20 chicken nuggets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sweet-chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 block of halloumi
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 20 basil leaves
- Cook the chicken nuggets according to packaging instructions.
- To make the tomato chutney, fry the onion until soft. Add the tomato, sweet-chilli sauce, red-wine vinegar, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes until the mixture thickens. Option: You can add a teaspoon of sugar towards the end according to your taste.
- Cut the halloumi into small squares (slightly smaller than the size of the nugget) and fry in a pan until crispy on both sides. Drizzle with a small amount of lemon juice.
- To assemble, use a skewer to spike the chicken nugget first and then the halloumi, top with a tiny dollop of tomato chutney and a basil leaf.
- Repeat until all skewers are complete and serve.