- 2 cups (500ml) shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup (60ml) BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) mayonnaise
- 2 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten *optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the chicken, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise and spring onion and season.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll it out lightly - carefully divide the dough into 8 equal squares and cut a circle out as big as can fit into the square.
- Fill half of each of the circles with the chicken mixture.
- Fold each parcel close to form a crescent and pinch the edges closed.
- Place the parcels on a baking tray leaving about a 3cm gap between each of the empanadas.
- Brush each lightly with some egg yolk.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.