Picnic, office lunch or beach day, these colourful salad jars are ready to go-go-go!
- 1-2 cups (250ml-500ml) chopped baby gem lettuce (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1-2 cups chopped red and yellow peppers
- 2-3 cups (500ml-750ml) shredded left-over chicken
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup (250ml) croutons
- Peas, corn, halved cherry tomatoes, or any of your favourite salad ingredients
- 1 cup (250ml) of your favourite dressing or make the garlic and herb dressing
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp (90ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) mustard
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) freshly chopped dill, basil or parsley
- Chop all the salad ingredients to bite-sized pieces.
- Layer the salad ingredients in clean jars - 500ml jars are a good size.
- Mix the dressing in a separate jar.
- Only add the dressing right before serving.