Flapjacks with hot buffalo chicken
The buffalo chicken can be hot or flaming hot. Just add more sauce, if you dare!
Ingredients:For the flapjacks:
- 60ml corn kernels
- 375ml flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml sugar
- 250g margarine, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 250ml amasi
- 1 lemon zest
- 30ml oil
- 200ml flour
- 5ml cayenne pepper
- 5ml paprika
- 1ml garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 125ml hot sauce
- 500ml bread crumbs
- 12 chicken pieces
- 60ml each butter and hot sauce, mixed
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 apple, chopped
- 45ml honey
- 125ml plain yoghurt
- In a bowl, mix the corn, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix the margarine, egg, amasi, and lemon zest.
- Whisk the liquid into the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is smooth and thick.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a splash of oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter in the pan and fry until golden on each side.
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Mix the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and hot sauce. Add the breadcrumbs to another bowl.
- Dust the chicken with the flour mixture, dip into the egg mixture, and dip into the breadcrumbs, making sure the chicken is covered with delicious crumbs.
- Place the over a wire rack on a baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes.
- After cooking, dip each chicken piece into the hot sauce mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve over the flapjacks and buffalo chicken.