- 1kg chicken portions
- 2 tbsp chicken spice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp cream of chicken soup powder
- 1kg potatoes, peeled
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken with chicken spice. Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan and brown the chicken.
- Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, while stirring. Pour in stock.
- Mix soup powder with 1 tbsp water until it forms a paste. Add to the pot and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked. Drain the water and return to the heat. Pour in the milk and season.
- Simmer over low heat and mash until smooth.