Take a culinary trip to the States with our hot-and-spicy chicken drumsticks.
- 100ml tomato sauce
- 60ml sriracha sauce
- 10g brown sugar
- 20g butter
- 15ml red wine vinegar
- 1 x County Fair Chicken Drumsticks
- 15ml barbeque spice
- 15ml smoked paprika
- 5ml fine salt
- 2.5ml ground black pepper
- 750g frozen crinkle fries
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 65ml sour cream
- 65ml buttermilk
- 2.5ml dried parsley
- 2.5ml dried dill
- 2.5ml garlic powder
- 5ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Put the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, sugar, butter and vinegar into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, and then put aside to cool to room temperature.
- Pour half of the mixture over the chicken drumsticks and coat well. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat the braai to medium heat. Cook the drumsticks, turning and basting every 5 minutes, for about 30 minutes until cooked through and charred.
- Combine the barbeque spice, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper. Blend, if necessary.
- Fry or bake the chips according to package instructions.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the hot chips.
- Mix all the ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.