What is better than sticky chicken wings while having a braai or watching the rugby? Impress your guests with this easy recipe!
- 16 chicken wings
- 1 cup (250 ml) Coca Cola (original)
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sweet paprika
- 1-2 spring onions, finely sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or foil and set aside.
- Arrange the wings on the baking tray, leaving space between each wing— season well with salt.
- Bake the wings for 20 minutes, and then flip them over, baking for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the wings are baking, combine all the sauce ingredients (except the spring onions) in a medium saucepan.
- Set over medium heat and allow the mixture to simmer and become thick and sticky, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss them through the sticky sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with spring onion slices.