Pretend you’re in Valencia, Spain when you tuck into this bowl of comfort food.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 5ml BBQ spice
- salt and pepper15ml cake flour
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 5ml smoked paprika
- 300ml long-grain rice
- 250ml frozen peas
- 60ml parsley, finely chopped
- 12 large king prawns
- 40g butter
- fresh parsley, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Season the chicken with barbeque spice, salt and pepper, and dust with flour. Drizzle with half the olive oil and place on an oven tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and golden brown. Keep warm and reserve all the pan juices.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large metal casserole dish (use for serving, if possible).
- Cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken stock, smoked paprika, and rice. Cook on a medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked.
- Add the peas, chopped parsley, chicken, and pan juices. Cover with a lid and cook on very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the prawns on both sides until they turn pink and caramelised. Season.
- Place the prawns on top of the paella and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges, more chopped parsley, and aioli.