- 4 Tbsp (60ml) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) finely grated fresh ginger
- Juice & zest of 1 orange
- 1 ½ Tbsp (20ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) dried thyme
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10ml) salt
- ½ tsp (3ml) ground black pepper
- 1 x County Fair Braai Pack
- 1.5kg orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into rough 3-4cm chunks
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- ½ tsp (3ml) cinnamon
- 30g butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, warm
- Prepare the chicken: Place the olive oil, ginger, orange juice & zest, cinnamon, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat, massaging the marinade into the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken pieces skin side up in a roasting dish. Roast in the oven for 1 hour until golden and cooked through.
- For the sweet potato mash: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the sweet potato chunks onto a lined roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil, salt and cinnamon. Toss well.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until soft.
- Place the warm sweet potato into a bowl and mash. Add the butter and enough milk to get a creamy, smooth consistency. Serve the warm creamy sweet potato mash with the chicken pieces.