Chimichurri-crusted chicken drumsticks with cornbread
The chimichurri adds a burst of freshness! Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
a handful each of parsley, coriander and basil, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
a generous glug of olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
salt and milled pepper
12 chicken drumsticks
Cornbread and butter:
1kg store-bought bread dough
1 can corn kernels, drained
a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1/3 cup butter
- Combine the herbs, garlic, oil, and lemon juice. Season.
- Coat the chicken generously with the herb mixture and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Knock down the dough and knead in the corn and herbs until combined.
- Place the dough in a greased rectangular loaf tin, cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush with butter and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the butter, heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Remove from the heat, add the butter, and stir until melted.
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve the chicken with corn bread and lashings of softened garlic butter.