Celebrate our South African heritage with this tasty salad.
- 45ml olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 7.5ml lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5ml salt
- 8 chicken wings
- 30ml corn starch
- ¼ cup parmesan, finely grated
- 60ml olive oil
- 35ml lemon juice
- 7.5ml Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15ml bokkoms, chopped
- pinch paprika
- pinch pepper
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves trimmed and washed
- 2 eggs, boiled and halved
- 4 baby cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 80g biltong slices
- parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss the chicken wings through the mixture.
- Spread the chicken wings out and evenly sprinkle with corn starch.
- Toss the chicken wings in the dressing once again.
- Lay them out on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the wings and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Divide the lettuce between two bowls.
- Place four chicken wings in each bowl.
- Top with the boiled eggs, cucumber ribbons and croutons.
- Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the biltong slices and parmesan shavings.