Using coconut milk in both the dressing and the marinade makes for succulent chicken that’s ready in just 40 minutes.
- 8 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup of oil, for shallow frying
- 100g rice noodles
- To make the coconut-honey dressing, whisk the coconut milk, honey, lime juice and chilli together in a small bowl. Set aside. To make the marinade, mix the coconut milk, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs and coat well. Marinade for 15 minutes. While the chicken is marinating, mix the carrots, red pepper and red onion in a bowl with the coconut-honey dressing. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the rice noodles.
- When the rice noodles puff up, remove them from the oil and place onto a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium.
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Serve the chicken with the Thai slaw and top with crunchy rice noodles.