These chicken rolls make for perfect, fool-proof snacks. Get the kids involved, as they’re fun to make!
- 15ml oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- a handful of coriander, minced
- 2 chicken fillets 1 roll of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- sesame seeds (optional)
- chilli mayonnaise, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the oil, onion, garlic, coriander, chicken and salt.
- Cut the roll of puff pastry in half.
- Spoon the herb-and-chicken mixture along one long edge of one of the pastry halves. Roll to enclose, ensuring the pastry overlaps by 1cm. Do the same with the other pastry half.
- Place the pastry seam-side down on baking paper and cut each pastry roll into smaller rolls.
- Brush with egg, sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chilli mayonnaise.