CHICKEN CHOW MEIN
Chinese stir-fried noodles with chicken makes for a family-friendly lunch or supper.
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 250g chow mein or yaki soba noodles
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 x pack of chicken breasts, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4 spring onions, sliced at an angle (keep the white and green bits separate)
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 5ml sesame seeds
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or pan on high heat.
- Add the chicken and sauté until golden brown and almost cooked through. Set the chicken aside.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, whites of the spring onion, garlic, and ginger to the wok. Sauté until slightly softened. Add the chicken and noodles; then pour over the sauce. Toss well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve the chow mein immediately and garnish with the spring onion greens and sesame seeds.