Charred, sticky apricot chicken wings
These wings are sweet, sour and oh-so delicious.
- 12 chicken wings
- 200ml apricot jam
- 30ml honey
- 30ml brown sugar
- 20ml lemon juice
- 30ml soya sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mix the jam, honey, sugar, lemon juice, soya sauce, salt and pepper and place in a pot over a medium heat.
- Allow to melt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven the 200°
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat.
- Season the chicken wings lightly and fry them in the griddle pan until they’re slightly charred.
- Put all the chicken wings into a lined baking tray.
- Brush over a generous amount of the apricot glaze.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken wings with a side of fries or salad.