Spend more time around the fire and less time in the kitchen with this easy and oh-so delicious braai recipe.
- 1 x pack chicken thighs
- 250ml beer
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15ml rosemary, chopped
- 20ml dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 large potatoes
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml rosemary, finely chopped
- 100ml sour cream
- 20ml chives, chopped salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients, except the lemon juice, and place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Discard the liquid and grill the chicken pieces over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crispy and cooked through. Allow about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, squeeze over some lemon juice.
- Tear off four squares of tin foil (each about 30cm x 30cm). Place a potato on each square.
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper together, and divide over each potato. Roll each potato over the olive oil mix and wrap the potatoes individually.
- Place the potatoes on the coals, but not where it’s too hot. Turn often.
- Cook until a knife can easily pierce the potatoes. This can take up to an hour.
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit in the foil for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the foil and place them on a serving dish.
- Drizzle over the sour cream and finish with chopped chives.