This hot sub will warm you up from the inside!
- 80ml oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 15ml paprika
- 6 red chillies
- 500g chicken livers
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60ml cream
- 1 French/ciabatta loaf
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 30ml Dijon mustard
- 30ml honey
- a quarter of a lettuce head, torn
- half a red onion
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- a handful of olives
- Add 15ml oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the red pepper, paprika, and chilli. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Place the onions and red pepper in a blender and whiz until smooth. Pour in the rest of the oil and continue to blend until the oil is incorporated.
- In the same pan, add the chicken livers and brown for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and the onion mixture, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, and honey.
- Slice the loaf lengthways. Smear one half of the loaf with mayonnaise mixture, and top with the lettuce, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and olives.
- Gently spoon the chicken livers over the other half of the loaf. Close the loaf, and enjoy!