Ingredients:For the chicken marinade
- 2 cups (500ml) plain yoghurt
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large thumb ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) garam masala
- 1 ½ Tbsp (20ml) ground turmeric
- 2 tsp (10ml0 ground cinnamon
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 16 chicken pieces braai pack
- 1 cup (250ml) plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp (5ml) garam masala
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chutney
- 10g coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken pieces and massage them through the marinade. Cover marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Allow the chicken to come to room temperature while the fire is lit and medium heat is reached.
- Grill the chicken first skin side down, then continue cooking, turning frequently until cooked through.
- In the meantime, prepare the yoghurt dip – Whisk all the ingredients together, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Finish by grilling the naan pieces of bread over the fire until slightly charred and warm.
- Serve the grilled chicken garnished with coriander and lemon wedges with the dip and naan bread.