Stuffed chicken breasts
Stuffing chicken breasts with herbs and veggies makes for a quick yet memorable weeknight meal!
4 garlic cloves, minced
200g spinach, torn
4 chicken breasts
2 tomatoes, chopped
45ml red wine vinegar
5ml brown sugar
200g mozzarella, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach and cook for 1 minute or until the spinach has wilted.
- Using a sharp knife, create a long pocket on the side of each chicken breast.
- Mix tomato, vinegar and sugar in a bowl.
- Spoon the tomato mixture into the pockets and add the spinach and cheese.
- Keep the filling in place by tying the breast pockets with kitchen string or using toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining oil.
- Brown the chicken in the pan, place on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the string/toothpicks and serve.