- 30g butter-chicken paste
- 15ml butter-chicken spice blend
- 300g plain yoghurt
- 30ml tomato paste
- 10ml paprika
- 15ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml olive oil
- 5ml coriander seeds, crushed
- 125ml cashew-nut butter
- 10ml salt
- 5ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 10-piece County Fair Chicken Braai Pack
- fresh coriander
- Combine the butter-chicken paste, butter-chicken spice blend, plain yoghurt, tomato paste, paprika, ginger, garlic, olive oil, coriander seeds, cashew-nut butter, salt and pepper.
- Score each chicken piece with 2-3 incisions. Place the chicken pieces in a large zip-lock bag and add the butter-chicken marinade.
- Toss the chicken until the marinade penetrates the incisions. Marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat a griddle pan. Cook the chicken pieces in a very hot pan for about 3 minutes on each side, until they have charred griddle lines.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking tray and spoon over some of the leftover marinade.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish the chicken with fresh coriander and serve with naan bread and yoghurt.