Mexican chicken soup
This Mexican-style soup is made with pantry staples so that you don’t have to venture out in the cold.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless), cubed
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500ml chicken stock
- 250ml water
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tbsp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp coriander
- In a large pot, sauté onion, red pepper and garlic.
- Fry chicken in oil until it starts to colour. Add taco seasoning.
- Add stock and simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, or until heated through.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, cilantro and nachos.