The combo of chicken, pineapple and chilli is simply irresistible!
- 1 tin pineapple chunks in syrup
- 150ml BBQ sauce
- 30ml soy sauce
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 5ml smoked paprika
- 1 pack chicken wings
- 1 small pineapple, chopped into 1x1cm chunks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 15g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 15ml lime juice
- black pepper
- Put the pineapple chunks, BBQ sauce, soy sauce, chilli, and paprika into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken wings in a dish. Pour over ¾ of the sauce and coat them well. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a grill or braai. Cook the chicken wings over a medium heat, turning every 4 minutes until crispy and cooked through. This takes about 15-20 minutes. Baste every few minutes with the remaining sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.